Friday, April 27, 2007

Paperweights

I want to cite a paragraph from a book I recently bought. It talks about passion.

Authors Robert J. Kriegel and Louis Patler cite a study of 1,500 people over twenty years that shows how passion makes a significant difference in a person's career:

At the outset of the study, the group was divided into Group A, 83 percent of the sample, who were embarking on a career chosen for the prospects of making money now in order to do what they wanted later, and Group B, the other 17 percent of the sample, who had chose their career path for the reverse reason, they were going to pursue what they wanted to do now and worry about the money later.

The data showed some startling revelations:

  • At the end of the 20 years, 101 of the 1,500 had become millionaires
  • Of the millionaires, all but one - 100 out of 101 - were from Group B, the group that had chosen to pursue what they loved!


I hate bookstores!!!!!!


Talent Is Never Enough by John Maxwell

I also bought Wrox's Professional XML. You can check my bookshelf here for my growing list of paperweights.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger emmz said...

hay, i so can relate! i don't like going inside bookstores anymore. before i went to japan, i went to kinokuniya just to buy a book for a friend. that was just my purpose. and i told myself not to buy one for myself since i still have about 4 unread books at home. gosh! i went out of kinokuniya with a book for my friend. and one book for myself! waaaahhhh!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home