Monday, April 16, 2007

MRT Ride Companions

I love to ride the MRT. Some may find it weird but I've actually tried riding from Pasir Ris to Boon Lay (stopping by at Jurong Point) and back. The main reason was for me to "get out more". Hmm but staying inside the MRT doesn't really qualify as going "out" does it haha!

Anyway, I do still ride the MRT for such reasons and "hang out" pathetic occassionally in one station (I stay inside the platform, I don't tap out :P). Sooo it makes sense that I carry with me something, else I'd really look like an idiot sitting alone or looking at my reflection before the train arrives. I've gotten tired of looking at people's faces anyway haha!

  • My Gameboy


Aptly referred to by Cheng as my "Playboy" (I knew it, she's green-minded) haha! Actually I've stopped playing with it a few months ago after I lost all my game titles (save one) when I lent it to a particular someone hahahah (just kidding, blog promotion!). But now I'm playing again because of Final Fantasy VI wooohooo! This was a game I played when I was a kid now they've released it for the playboy. You can check Gamespot to see what it's all about.

  • Books

This is the one I'm reading now. If it's got Richard Branson and Bill Gates' picture in the cover, it must be good stuff haha! But really, this one's good, and so are the other "greatness" books I've bought before wahaha! (except for "Magic of Thinking Big" which I think is total crap). Anyway, it's a compilation of Fortune interview articles of successful people. I've read some of these articles before because my dad is subscribed to Fortune, but he's not sure why we have the subscription. He says he doesn't know how we got the subscription and he has no idea who's paying for it. We've had it for like 2 years and the magazines just keep coming. Hmm I see an expensive bill at the end of all this haha.

  • MP3 player
This is probably the biggest mp3 player in existence, with a stylus to boot. Ok it's my supposedly smart PDA phone (HP IPaq RW6828). BUT, I don't use it as a phone, AND I don't use it to alert me of my schedule, AND I don't use it to list down tasks. I do use it sometimes to play mp3 hahaha! Actually that too can be handled by my SE W800i. So what am I using it for? To jot down my expenses. It's only advantage to my W800i is that it's got a faster processor, so the "money manager" java app can run comfortably. Perhaps a GPS receiver will breathe new life to it. Or I can finally buy the Lego Mindstorms NXT kit and use this as a "brain" to my Roomba project. My room still gets very dusty after a week..

--

Something unrelated.. do you guys know where I could buy blueberries? My mom's been pressuring me to buy them I assume she's seen someone on TV (again) detailing the medicinal benefits of blueberries. I had to settle with strawberries in the meantime and got away with it..

(Over the phone with my mom, in the MRT)
Mom: Did you get the blueberries I asked you to get in the grocery?
Me: What?? Sorry can't hear you say that again? I think we're going under a tunnel.
Mom: The blueberries. BLUEBERRIES.
Me: Oh yeah I got them right here jfsksldfsdfyrrhhs-BERRIES
Mom: Ok good.

I love strawberries by the way.

4 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger lizette said...

order ka nalang ng blueberry cheesecake sa starbucks, they got real blueberries on them :)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger chris said...

ganun ba?? hahahaha! susubukan ko nga! kaso mas mahal sigurado di ko naman kelangan yung cheesecake hahaha!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger lizette said...

problema ba yun? akin nalang ang cheesecake :p

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger chris said...

sige bayaran mo yung cheesecake part hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home