Sunday, July 23, 2006

Why We're A$$holes

By "we", I am referring to guys in general. I think I need to write this down because I get asked a lot about situations (that I have not necessarily been in) about guy behavior that irks women. These are actual questions based on friends' inquiries, male and female. They somehow think I know about a lot of this stuff or something, haha! If you see your question here, do not retaliate, you will be identified only as "F" or "M" :P

F: There's this new guy in the office who's giving me special attention. He's been telling me about his whole life for a week now, so it makes sense that I open up to him as well. I was starting to like him, then suddenly he stopped, and now I see him talking to another girl in the office, and I think it's not polite that he's ignoring me all of a sudden. Did I do something wrong?

Dr Luvvv: The simplest answer is no. I guess the only fault here is you fell too easily for the guy. Him sharing his life story and all is no indication that he's interested in you. On the contrary, guys would share very minimal, if at all, life stories to a girl he's interested in, because giving out too much is much similar to setting up traps for himself. So him giving you the "open book" treatment is probably a very friendly approach. As for him talking to the other girl, don't fret, wait another week or two and he'll probably be talking to another girl, until he finds the one he's really interested in.

F: I always catch this guy doing quick glances at me, what's up with him. I'm confused.

Dr Luvvv: Shame on you for getting confused. There's nothing wrong at quick glances, you're lucky he's looking at your face, not at some other body part or something. Anyway, we cannot dismiss the fact that he probably finds you attractive, the correct reaction then would be "flattered". There's no need for you to be confused, unless you find him interesting, right? So how do you catch him looking at you anyway, you're probably looking at him too. You two perverts.

M: Oh no she's online, what do I do?? What do I do??

Dr Luvvv: You obviously want her attention, log in and off continuously until she notices and tells you there must be something wrong with your messenger. At that point, stopping the process would give you away, so be prepared with a valid reply i.e. "Wow you fixed it, so what are you doing now?". Chances are she will set her status to "Away" or worse "Offline" to get rid of you. There's always next day.

M: We we're getting along well in the office, she even passes by occasionally by my cubicle. Then we went out for a movie and I also treat her for dinner. After that she's changed and will not talk to me anymore. I'm ignoring her completely too, it's her loss.

Dr Luvvv: Yeah yeah her loss whatever. This question should be directed at women, so my crack at it is, the movie and dinner thing was probably YOUR idea, and somewhat imposed it on her. She agreed to it because she thinks you're a nice FRIEND. But somehow during the evening she felt differently. As my other friend always say.. "Never be a friend in the beginning if you want more than that". I think there's a movie based on that idea too, you should've watched that instead of "Brokeback Mountain".

M: I was sitting in the bus right, at the back, then suddenly this nurse chick came up and sat almost near to me, and it was like, whoa it's my lucky day. It didn't even stop there, she asked for directions man! So I gave her the directions to the hospital and that was that. But you wouldn't believe what happened the next day, she was on the same bus I was riding! It was her who noticed me and tugged at my clothes, so we sat together and talked. It was surreal man I'm telling you. Then it was time for her to get off at the hospital, and I didn't miss the chance, I asked her for her number. But she just giggled and said, "If you get lost inside the hospital, you know where to find me." It's killing me, what does it mean? Should I go over there and tell her I'm love sick or something?

Dr Luvvv: Does your girlfriend even know about this?


...aaaaand that's all for now. Time to do some laundry.

4 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Af said...

Haha, ayus to, ah. More tips! Deaar Mister Loooove... -Nico :p

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger chris said...

hahaha! pls send in ur questions to PO BOX 14344

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger emmz said...

dr luv, why am i still a virgin?

:p

why do butterflies flutter by when i hear "ako'y iyo, ika'y akin" in the air?

when will the world end? where will it end?

and dr luv? what is love? :p

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger chris said...

love is the subset of lust. HAHAH joke. the world will not end, as long as superman returns. HAHAH joke. you are still a virgin, because shih is also a virgin. HAHAH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home