Sunday, March 04, 2007

I Caught A Van Gogh Today

I caught this view while walking home a few hours ago..


Actually I've taken many pictures from the same spot during nights while walking home (yeah I had to look around first, else people will think it's weird). This picture is different from the rest though, because it has the moon in it. And that made all the difference, for me to finally understand why I was drawn to the damn thing..


Van Gogh's "The Cafe Terrace.."

This is my most favorite painting, by Van Gogh

I hope that moon stays there for a long time :)


--
Some bonus bits about my classical heroes:
  • Van Gogh - gone mentally haywire in later parts of his life, cut off his ear at some point.
  • Edgar Allan Poe - afflicted with various diseases, and was said to have committed suicide.
  • Chris Cornell - suffered severe case of depression during teenage years. But it doesn't count, we all go through that. Oh and he's not classic, because he ain't dead yet :P

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger emmz said...

for the melancholic, the moon offers a poetic loveliness. i've noticed that those who admire the moon like you do are those talented people who are in epic struggle with something, mostly with themselves. like you said, you had your share of depression in your teenage years. i didn't have that, though! i had it in later years! hehehe

my classical heroes:
alan turing - homosexual mathematician extraordinaire
chris cornell - manic secretive geek (wehehehe)
emms ville - immortal star

yeah, i love the stars more than i like the moon. i guess that explains my star quality! :p and that's one thing i miss about the philippines: stars. they're too faint here in singapore. :(

i like the photo you took chrismael ;)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger chris said...

hmmm, stars.. they're there, but u can only admire from afar wooooooow heavyyyyy cheeeesyy pare! este kumare! :P

hey didn't know alan turing was homosexual, eh diba si leonardo da vinci nachismis din na homosexual?

balik lang ng balik hehe :)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger emmz said...

yeah, ka-relate talaga ako sa mga stars... many admire me from afar... many can't go near me... they're too starstruck to make a move towards me! wahahaha

yeah, he was gay. he committed suicide after serving in military intelligence. i guess he couldn't stand just ogling and salivating in secret at all those muscled army men! it was a kinky death! mwehehehe

yeah leonardo was gay. aside from inventing and painting, he whiled away his time making tiaras! :p how lovely they were!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home